UPEI Evacuation Procedures
In the event that a building evacuation is necessary (SAFETY AND TIME PERMITTING):
- Activate the nearest PULL STATION.
- Call 9-911, if possible.
- Advise Security Dispatch of the emergency by calling 4357 (HELP) or 566-0384.
- Secure personal and University assets, if possible.
- Secure security-sensitive areas.
- Do a Floor Sweep to ensure that everyone is aware of the situation.
- Take personal property.
- Remember that Mobility and Special Needs individuals may need assistance.
- Gather at the designated assembly point.
- Assume that the alarm is false.
- Re-enter the building until told to do so by Security officers.
- Leave the area.